american social issues public opinion hot topics anti war world
You like sharing videos? You have an opinion about American Issues?
YOU ARE IN…
By Peter Francis
There is a brand new site that addresses some of the hotest American Political issues, and it is done via VIDEO. Street Rebuttal is a unique forum built with a very common tool –online video.
You can respond to current civic, social and legal affairs, right there on the site, and it has incredible potential to affect change, give power to the masses and turn up the volume of our voices.
We all know that the common denominator that unites the President, members of Congress, lobbyists, Big Business, special interest groups and mainstream media– they all claim to represent the American public.
But their “representation” is all about their agenda and nothing about action. It’s more about telling us what to think, rather than listening to what we say.
Street Rebuttal is all about addressing the issues as they affect the public, the issues the way they are at the end of the whip, where they are implemented. Without the hipe of the media or the fluff of the smooth talkers–be they White House representatives or lobbyists, lawyers or who have you.
The American public needs a place to gather, to connect, and to engage in the debates and conversations about the issues that affect them the most.
Political, corporate and media decision-makers prefer speaking out to the crowds and dictating their priorities from a lofty perch. But we –the taxpayer, the voter, the consumer, the person on the street – can tip the balance, create an upward momentum, regain our causes, and we can do it together from the ground up.
www.StreetRebuttal.com is where you can help reclaim the voice of the public. By sharing your opinions and thoughts with others, you can increase the activity of our collective intelligence. We must drive the national dialogue and deliver the message. We are the opinion makers in the american social issues, the public opinion. Share your video and say what u have to say. Make a revolution, make a difference, express your opinion and talck about hot topics at www.StreetRebuttal.com.
Free Live Bbc News 24 -Cnn-Abc News Now- Cnn-Ibn-Nbc Sports, Political, World News, Eyewitness News-C-Span 1 Tv News Streams On Computer Online- Is Th
Can I Watch Live BBC-CNN-IBN-Eyewitness- C-Span TV News Streams Online
There are many ways to watch free live news TV channels on the pc from the internet without having to install expensive equipment. The software that enables you to watch live TV news on a computer is available instantly from the internet and at any time of day even at 2am in the morning. You can learn more about how to watch free live BBC-cnn-c-span-ibn-abc- news channels online.
What You Need To Watch Free Live Sports, Politics, Weather, Stats, News Tv
To watch live TV news streams on the internet, you will need a computer with speeds of more than 300mhz to allow it to receive TV streams from the internet without buffering. The computer should also have a memory of more than 520mb which hosts the image files on the monitor without hanging. A higher RAM memory is even better since it will enable you to have a clearer picture.
Internet Speeds Needed To Watch Free Live American Breaking News On Tv
If you want to watch free live online news from cnn, bbc, ibn, abc, nbc, fox and other networks, your internet connection should be atleast 128kbs. The best internet connection to watch live free internet TV sports, political, business, world, news streams; is the broadband internet service which comes as cable, wireless, T1 and many others.
Advantages of watching free live us breaking news on the hour on a computer online
Some of the advantages of watching live internet sports, politics, business news Television on a computer include:
1. Convenience of watching TV from a pc
2. It is mobile and can be watched anywhere in the world
3. Live bbc-cbn-nbc TV news is cheaper than all other networks
4. You can save a lot of money with bbc-cbs-nbc-abc news from the internet
5. You can watch over 3500 TV channels from around the world
6. Online satellite news TV comes with free annual upgrades
7. You will get unlimited support from the websites
8. Internet TV software will come with 1200 free online radio channels
How To Save Money Watching News From The Internet
The best satellite TV software for news online will offer you a reprieve from paying the monthly 0 for cable TV or satellite dish networks. The only fee you may need to pay is the first time, onetime only set up fee of less than . This will guarantee you a free online news TV software, free yearly upgrades and unlimited life time support.
How To Watch Free Live Sky Sports News Shot From Computer
For people that enjoy watching sports news TV and following stats for baseball, football, nfl, basketball, hockey; online TV is for you. You will not have to miss the important games since you can carry your TV channels on your pc or even install the TV channels on your computer at work.
To watch live free sports, cbn, ABC, bbc, fox, ibn, nbc, cbs news TV on a computer, you will not need to install any expensive equipment like satellite dishes and cabling or descramblers. It’s all accessible once you have the pc TV software. You can watch all news TV networks for around the world without ever having to install any hardware.
The best part is that online TV news channels are not censored like those in the main networks. It is very hard to control internet TV programs and you will be able to watch some of the rarest TV channels online. Some of the TV shows that you will watch from the internet can never be aired in the main networks.
Cost of Watching Free Online TV News On computer
For the cost of a few movie tickets you can tremendously cut down your monthly cable or satellite TV fees by connecting to the internet TV through a special software. Find out how can watch bbc-nbc-fox, cnn, ibn, abc, cbs sports, business and political news streams on computer online.
Why China and India Will Soon Dominate The World – Will The American Political Class Do Anything About It?
If you look at some statistics from the U.S. Census organization, the CIA Fact Book, and several other credible sources and put them together in a “what-if” analysis regarding the future economic power of Russia, China, India, and the United States, you can develop the following statistical measures:
– The current population of the United States is about 310 million people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to grow about 42% to 439 million, the current GDP of the United States is about .43 trillion dollars which yields a current GDP to current population ratio of about ,561 per person (.43 trillion divided by 310 million people).
– The current population of Russia is about 143 million people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to shrink 23% to 109 million people, the current GDP of Russia is about .24 trillion, yielding a GDP to population ratio of about 81.
– The current population of China is about 1.34 billion people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to grow about 9% to 1.46 billion people, the current GDP of China is about .8 billion, yielding a GDP to population ratio of about ,595.
– The current population of India is about 1.2 billion people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to grow about 53% to 1.81 billion people, the current GDP of India is about .1 trillion, yielding a GDP to population ratio of about 5.
Not unexpected, the United States is the richest country in the world as measured by gross GDP and GDP per citizen. However, the growth of the United States economy is pretty steady and conservative vs. countries like China and India. Let’s play some games with these base numbers:
– Let’s assume, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, that China continues to grow very quickly over the next forty years. If the Chinese are able to get their GDP to population ratio up to half of what the current U.S. ratio is, then the total size of the Chinese economy as measured by GDP (in today’s dollars) would be over trillion, almost two and half times the size of the U.S. economy.
– Let’s do the same thing with India but assume that the ratio is so low that they can only get their ratio up to one quarter of what the current U.S. ratio is, then the total size of the Indian economy as measured by GDP (in today’s dollars) would be over trillion, 50% larger than the size of the U.S. economy.
– We will not do the same analysis for Russia since given how fast its population base is shrinking, its economic impact in the world economy will be less and less over time.
Thus, the upside for both the Chinese and Indian markets are very high based on the sheer number of citizens in each country and their governments’ desire to aggressively grow their economies. Before we know it, both economies could be approaching and/or surpassing the size and power of the United States economy.
If you do not believe these calculations, consider a recent article from the Financial Times that was summarized in the July 30, 2010 issue of The Week magazine. According to the Financial Times, China is now the biggest consumer of energy, passing the United States last year as reported by the International Energy Agency. As late as the year 2000, the United States used twice the energy that China used. Now, China is using at least 4% more than us.
Another source. In a recent feature section in Fortune magazine, Goldman Sach’s was quoted as estimating that by the year 2050, the size of the Chinese economy will be about billion while the size of the U.S. economy will be only about billion and just barely ahead of the Indian economy. By 2050, Brazil, Russia, India, and China will exceed the greenhouse emissions of the rest of the developed world.
All of these numbers point to the same conclusion: namely that China and India will become much, much stronger in the coming years and much more competitive, both for raw materials, finished products, and markets to sell their products. The United States needs to take some long term strategic actions in light of the coming tsunami of stronger economic rivals:
– We cannot hope to compete in the future economic landscape if we do not find a way to better educate our children for this new reality. The United States consistently ranks in the bottom half of worldwide student testing and education. This will not make for a strong economy if our workforce is outsmarted by other countries that also have the advantage of numbers on their side.
– We cannot hamstring our own economy with Obama’s cap and trade policy while the rest of the world, including the bigger and bigger energy users of China and India do not agree to stringent and trackable carbon emissions programs. If the United States goes it alone in this area, our economy will suffer at the hands of these economies that do not, resulting in lost jobs, lost industries, and lost economic strength since any carbon savings we incur will be overwhelmed by these new economic powers.
– We cannot continue to police the world, draining our economy through our military budget. Better to focus on getting our own economic house in order rather than deploying troops around the world to protect against enemies that do not exist anymore, enemies that cannot do any direct harm to us, or enemies that are better handled by other countries or the United Nations. We need to bring home our 54,000 or so troops from Germany since the Iron Curtain no longer exists, we need to bring home the 90,000 or so troops from Iraq as Obama the campaigner promised to do, we need to bring home our 50,000 or so troops from Japan since Japan is not going to hit Pearl harbor again and 50,000 troops are useless in the face of 2,000,000 Chinese troops in the neighborhood, and we need to bring home our 28,000 or so troops from South Korea and let them handle their own security, their economy is strong enough to handle it. Our focus on defense needs to be much more narrow and much more focused on those that could actually harm us and we need to bank the savings and strengthen those areas that will enable is to better compete economically.
– We need to finally develop and deploy a sane national energy program that makes us as self sufficient as possible, given that the hungrier economies of India and China will start to compete with us for raw energy sources. The less we spend on energy, as with defense, the better and stronger our economy will be against the onslaught of the growing economic powers in the world.
– We need to start getting our national debt and government spending problem under control now. The more capital and investment dollars that can be funneled into American businesses, the better off we can compete with China and India and the rest of the world. If all of our available capital is going to the government, where it is used on wasteful, inefficient government programs or used to pay the interest our national debt, the less flexible and competitive American businesses will be and less economic health our citizens will enjoy.
Bottom line, what is needed is a long term strategic plan for dealing with the new world order in the areas of national defense and economic strength. Do we think that the American political class is ready for such a comprehensive analytical and strategic task? Consider what our politicians have been working on over the past year or so:
– A Congresswoman and her staff worked on legislation that would regulate the sound volume of television commercials. – A Congressman and his staff worked on legislation that would ban the airing of ED commercials on television. – A Congressman and his staff worked on legislation that would provide a tax break for pet owners who might have to give up their pets in these hard economic times. – The entire U.S. Congress and the entire Federal financial regulatory network was completely blind sided by the biggest economic malaise since the Great Depression, not realizing what was coming until it hit them in the face. – Politicians in both houses of Congress worked on a bill to regulate how Division One college football teams decide a national championship. – The current New Mexico governor is working on whether or not to pardon Billy The Kid, who died over a hundred years ago. – A Georgia Congressman, at a Congressional hearing, worried in public on whether the island of Guam could tip over in the ocean. – At least two sitting Congress people are likely to shortly face ethics charges and potential trials in the House Of Representatives for numerous financial and ethics offenses. – Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, has publicly stated the insane concept that unemployment is the best way to create jobs.
As you can see, we have not elected the most forward thinking, strategic brains in the country. They are so entwined in the daily political infighting and just absolutely trivial matters that time is slipping away while other countries are quickly growing their economies to compete with us, our companies and our citizens.
If long term, strategic thinkers were running this country, they would not be working on the above trivial matters but instead would be focused on the following:
Step 1 – start reducing the size of the Federal government by 10% a year for five years to get our national debt and spending under control and to leave more capital in the private market for investment against other economies.
Step 2 – find a way to finally make us more energy self sufficient and to bring other nations into a world wide, trackable process that reduces carbon emissions equally, not allowing any economy to gain an economic edge at the expense of others and the environment.
Step 3 – develop a ground up approach to overhaul, improve, and revolutionize American public education processes to prepare our kids for competition in the new economic world order.
Step 4 – bring home most, if not all, of our foreign deployed forces to begin the downsizing of our military budget in order to get our national debt under control and to provide capital to grow our private sector of the U.S. economy.
Step 5 – end the Cuban embargo immediately. After fifty years, most sane people would conclude it has not worked and ending the embargo would open up a new market for American businesses just ninety miles from our shores.
Step 6 – the most important step, institute term limit for all politicians. Given that none of these needed strategic steps have happened to make us better able to compete in the new economic reality and that most of the sitting politicians have been sitting in the same seats for decades while nothing happened, we cannot assume that all of a sudden they will do the right thing. We need to continually refresh those serving in Congress and the government with new people that are more fully aware of what is going on in the world and are not tied to old ways of thinking and spending.
We can succeed, we just need some visionary thinker and leaders to make it happen. India has its own problems, a large part of its population is still dirt poor, possibly providing social unrest problems unless they somehow can bring more people into their economic growth. The Chinese population will age quickly, as a result of their one child per family policy, putting strain on their economy in the coming years. All is not lost. In fact, if executed right, a long term strategic plan, as proposed above, could make the United States even stronger since new markets would open up in these growth economies. I guess the political class will get to this strategic plan as soon as the fix that pesky college football playoff system.
Our new book, “Love My Country, Loathe My Government – Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom and Destroying The American Political Class” is now available at www.loatheymygovernment.com and online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Our daily dialog on freedom in America can be joined at www.loathemygovernment.blogspot.com.
Complete video at: fora.tv Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright discusses difficulties faced by women in positions of political power. This excerpt is taken from a roundtable discussion entitled “Women and American Politics,” and was recorded at the 2007 Aspen Ideas Festival. —– Women and American Politics: A Roundtable with discussants: Rep. Jane Harman, John Dickerson, Sec. Margaret Spellings, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Sec. Madeleine Albright. and moderated by Andrea Mitchell. In this, its third year, Aspen Ideas Festival once again gathers scientists, artists, politicians, historians, educators, activists, and other great thinkers around some of the most important and fascinating ideas of our time. As these thinkers present their provocative ideas, they engage a sophisticated and highly motivated audience. Madeleine Korbel Albright (born May 15, 1937) served as the 64th United States Secretary of State. She currently serves as the Mortara Distinguished Professor of Diplomacy at the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. Madeleine Albright was nominated by President Bill Clinton on December 5, 1996, as Secretary of State. After being unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate, she was sworn in as the 64th Secretary of State on January 23, 1997. Albright was the first female Secretary of State. Video Rating: 4 / 5
Down The Rabbit Hole and Ito The Surreal World Of The American Political Class
If they were asked to take a hard and honest look at the problems facing this country in today’s world, it is easy for most people to identify the five or six overriding issues that deeply affect the most Americans. I would bet that the following issues would make most people’s top ten:
– Two ongoing wars in the Middle East. – A continuing battle against terrorism. – Our failing public education system. – An ongoing battle against the plague of illegal drug usage. – Escalating health care costs. – Both Social Security and Medicare heading for insolvency. – Skyrocketing national debt and deficit spending. – High unemployment. – The lack of a national and rational strategic energy plan. – Illegal immigrants and the problems caused by the lack of a national border security capability.
Wherever you fall on each of these major issues (e.g. against the wars or for the wars, against legalization of drugs or against legalization, etc.), most sane people would agree that if we could focus and solve just this small handful of issues, the real world would be so much better.
However, when you listen to politicians speak, you sometimes wonder what world and reality they are dealing with and living in. Have they fallen down the proverbial rabbit hole from Alice In Wonderland to a world that is different from the ones most Americans inhabit everyday? Could it be that these major problems facing the nation listed above, the same ones that have not been solved by the political class for decades, have not been resolved because the political class lives in a different dimension than us? Consider the following events relative to the American political class that have recently popped out of the rabbit hole of politics:
1) A county politician in Wisconsin, running for a political office, opines in a public forum and on camera that Arizona is definitely not a border state with Mexico.. In all of the maps of the country I have seen throughout my life, Arizona is shown to have a very long common border with Mexico. In this Wisconsin politician’s world, that is not the case, making it tough to solve the illegal immigration problem when we are looking at totally different maps.
2) When the Democrats took over both houses of Congress in 2006, the Speaker of The House, Nancy Pelosi, proclaimed that the Democrats would reign in the outrageous deficit spending habits of the Bush administration and the Republican Congress. She vowed that there would be no new Federal government spending unless other areas of the Federal budget were reduced in order to pay for the new government spending, her highly touted “pay as you go” approach to curtailing the size of government. She proudly proclaimed on her website: “While the President’s (Bush) budgets have turned surpluses into deficits, the Democrats’ budget takes America in a new direction, returning fiscal responsibility to Washington and the right priorities for our nation.” Given the fact that Federal government spending has grown significantly and budget deficits have skyrocketed (tripled) since this Democratic Party Congressional takeover and into the first two budgets of the Obama administration, it is apparent that Nancy Pelosi exists in a different universe from us. Most of us would agree that fiscal responsibility does NOT mean tripling the size of the deficit within four short years as it does in Pelosi’s mind. However, we would agree with her assertion that the Democrats’ budget is taking us in a new direction, the fast track to national bankruptcy.
3) Let’s stay with Pelosi for another trip down the rabbit hole because her world is so fascinating and different than ours. The Speaker recently announced that high unemployment is good, and that, in fact, high unemployment is one of the best ways to create jobs. You cannot make this stuff up, check out her press conference on YouTube where she seriously made this claim. Thus, in her world, the more people that are unemployed, the more jobs are created for those in need of a job. In her world, if we can get to 100% unemployment, everyone might have a job created as a result. Obviously, economic theory is different where she exists.
4) In Georgia Congressman Hank Johnson’s world, physical laws of nature are suspended. In a recent Congressional hearing, the Congressman expressed his worry that the U.S. island of Guam might tip over in the ocean. Again, you cannot make this stuff up, check the YouTube video of the hearing.
5) The Associated Press reported on July 15, 2010 that Federal prosecutions of illegal immigrants jumped to new high levels in the spring as the “Obama administration continued an aggressive enforcement strategy championed under President George W. Bush.” Apparently, in our world, 4,145 cases were referred to Federal prosecutors in March and April. This was the highest number of cases for any two month stretch in the past five years. The article also reported that deportations have also climbed significantly, from 185,944 in 2007 to 387,790 in 2009. So let me get this right: the Federal government is prosecuting and deporting more illegal aliens than ever but has the chutzpah to turn around and sue the state of Arizona for trying to reign in the same large wave of illegal immigrants coming into its state from Mexico? Seems kind of contradictory, at least in our world of reason. Apparently, it makes perfectly good sense in Washington, send home illegal immigrants with one hand and slap the state of Arizona with the other hand for doing the same thing.
6) On July 13, 2010, the Associated Press reported that over 100,000 pieces of children’s jewelry had to be recalled from retail shelves because the jewelry contained high levels of cadmium, a dangerous heavy metal if ingested. That’s the good news. the bad news is that in the world of government safety regulation (e.g. U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission), one does not learn from past mistakes. Several years ago, U.S. government safety organizations failed to realize that there were many, many children’s toys being sold in this country that had high levels of lead, another substance that can cause severe damage to a child if ingested. After that recall, it turns out that the same manufacturers replaced lead with cadmium, resulting in another recall earlier this year, a recall that included millions and millions of products. One would have hope that after the lead scare, the safety organizations would have been more on alert about similar type products. No such luck. After we got through the first cadmium scare, we now have another one. In the product safety dimension, learning does not happen, disasters just repeat over and over again.
7) In the surreal world of the American political class, all Republicans are vehemently against homosexuals and Democrats are the only advocates for the gay way of life. However, in our reality, this is not the case. An Associated Press report from July 13, 2010, reported that a Republican gay rights group, Log Cabin Republicans, is suing the administration in Federal court over the refusal of the Obama administration to repeal the “don’t ask, don’t tell” military doctrine on gays serving in the armed forces. This will set up the surreal situation where a Democratic administration will be using taxpayer funds to defend a policy, a policy it also wants to see repealed, against a group that is traditionally been painted as anti-gay. Got that, makes no sense to me either.
8) And finally, lets leave this post with some Orwellian and otherworldly snippets from President Obama. George Orwell in his novel, 1984, was very precise when he showed how by manipulating how you say things, e.g. war is peace, freedom is slavery, etc., you can make the unreal become real. In President Obama’s world, getting our military out of Iraq means staying in Iraq, closing the Guantanamo Bay prison means leaving it open, not hiring lobbyists to serve in his administration means hiring lobbyists to serve in his administration, significantly reducing earmarks means increasing earmarks, being fully engaged in helping the Gulf Coast residents survive the BP oil spill means taking two vacations, playing seven rounds of golf, participating in several athletic photo ops with various teams, and taking at least two trips to California to campaign for other Democrats, and not raising taxes for anyone earning under 0,000 a year means raising the taxes for those same people’s kids and grandkids by allowing unprecedented government spending and national debt increases, increases that every American, present and future, will eventually have to pay.
The sad thing is that the political class lives in their own world, a world where the pay is very good, the benefits are great, you can almost never get fired since you have rigged the election process, and you don’t have to care what your constituents think and the issues they face. You also do not have to solve real problems like the war on drugs, failing public education, wide open borders, etc. even though these problems have plagued the nation for decades. That is why imposing term limits on all Federally elected politicians is becoming more and more critical, forcing them out of their worlds and other dimensions after one term, hopefully replaced by regular people that are grounded in this world and the major issues listed above. It is time to bury the rabbit hole once a fall all, stop wasting taxes and start tackling real issues and problems.
Our new book, “Love My Country, Loathe My Government – Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom and Destroying The American Political Class” is now available at www.loathemygovernment.com and online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Our daily dialog on freedom in America can be followed at www.loathemygovernment.blogspot.com.
See Part 2 www.youtube.com Crumbling domestic infrastructure. A bored, undisciplined population, demanding ever more wasteful and outrageous entertainments. Production exported to less developed countries, who then demand a share of the productivity. Rampant inflation eroding purchasing power. Democracy devolving into a totalitarian, repressive state. Division of the population into segments of extreme wealth and poverty. Hard work and merit no longer provide social mobility. Demands by other countries for self-determination and shared wealth are interpreted as a threat to super-power control. The flow of goods and resources is ensured by faltering military campaigns. Rebellion by subject nations, as the benefits of membership in the empire disappear. Sound familiar? Watch this video and compare it to the evening news. No? Maybe I’m mistaken. Discovery Military Channel ran a three episode documentary on ancient Rome. This is part 1 of a summary of “The Fall of Rome” episode. I could not find a listing in their archives for this show. military.discovery.com See ioUSAthemovie, visit the YouTube site www.youtube.com Feasabilty and desirability of Electric cars, Pluggable hybrids and Biodiesel www.youtube.com Failing to Protect, Serve and Lead, Our Government www.youtube.com Impeachment, the Constitution, and the President, Pt 1 www.youtube.com American Doctor Saves Millions of Lives Around the World www.youtube.com You choose! US Health Care reform vs Successful Health Care … Video Rating: 4 / 5