Latest news about anything would bring various reactions along with it
The nature of news is meant to inform about something in a crispy way, be it politics, entertainment, scientific development or anything else. Latest news is all about telling on something that has happened recently. These days, the latest news India has been the selection of Manmohan Singh as the prime minister for second consecutive parliamentary term. He has presented his selected list of cabinet ministers and would be discussing this with the president and Sonia Gandhi. Since, the congress won overall, it has been receiving the congratulations from even US President, Barack Obama. With this, it seems that Indian news media has changed with the time. It has tailored latest technologies and standards to deliver what is needed by the masses.
Another type of latest news related to Congress is that it has been shedding out some of its allies, such as BSP and JD. On the other hand, the direction of tide has changed, as Mayawati has been offering unconditional support to the United Progressive Alliance. You can catch hold of this news on various news channels, news papers and radio channels also. Some of the most well-known newspapers in India are Times of India, Hindustan Times, Dainik Jagran, Hindustan, Punjab Kesari and Indian Express. On the other hand, famous news channels have been Aaj Tak, NDTV India, Star News DD News and BBC.
Apart from political news, the latest news is also about ongoing IPL matches. As it is know, cricket is worshipped in world over; the craze for this tournament is on its peak. People have been sticking themselves like glue to television or radio to catch a glimpse or hear the news about the matches. No matter you take on any part of latest news, the enjoyment is guaranteed and it will enhance your knowledge of current affairs too.
Sourav Sharma is freelance market analyst and is writing reviews articles on latest news India, Indian news, india business news, sensex, Latest News and information on Sensex index.
Excerpt of news story provided under fair use as commentary on political events. Excerpt exposes the details of Blackwater’s apparently unconstitutional operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Uploading for private reference & commentary review. For commentary purpose only on the political ramifications of this privately operated, publicly funded military group and its effect on our government’s control over operations in foreign countries. Some excerpts from Jeremy’s book are at: books.google.com Video Rating: 4 / 5
All about News- Writing, Identifying and the structure
News is commonly known as a source of information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported through newspapers, periodicals, radio or in television. This is a representation of such information, whether news in publish or news in broadcast. With the hard working of field reporters gather in different area and places as to catch a news even if it is good or bad, but the point here is to give an information in the society for awareness what is happening around the world.
News give us informative issues to us, especially when it talks about Political issues and at some point in hard news that occur a lot of things that to be discuss and ask about. Somehow, there are various kinds of news, which everyday in our life has to be reported. Although newspapers does not only print news of the day, it also prints background analysis, opinions and human interest stories. Stated below are the kinds of news we read and hear about almost everyday.
Business News– talks about recent and modern about business all around the world. Talks about the new developments, new business discover, easy businesses and business that are highly discuss about money.
Economy News– this is about money currency in different countries, that goes up and down as well as crisis in a country.
Entertainment News– this is a human interest, as we read or hear about this news it’s all about local and international artists, music, art, fashion and new invented designs.
Feature News– usually write this part is the editor of the newspaper, they will promote or showcase the capability of a person’s life. Entirely this is a good story to write and read, because it’s like stating the person story way back behind.
Hard News– 600 plus words, this is how journalists refer of news of the day, it is a chronicle of current events or incidents and is the most common news style on the front page pf your typical newspaper.
International News– this is an out of your country news, that includes also the variety of news in other country, so this could be a good or bad news.
Local News- this talks about the news in your country, wether it is good or bad news as long as it give an information to the society in the current event.
Police News– typically this is all about criminal or accidental news in a certain place.
Political News– this is the most popular among the headline news, about government issues and politicians that are carrying the world’s problem, thus corruptions and other things about politicians are also reported.
Soft News– this is a short term for all news that isn’t time sensitive. Soft news includes profiles of people, program or organizations as to discussed earlier the lead is more literary.
Sports News– this is obviously about the popular games in different country such as basketball, baseball, car racing, and football. Reporting about what is the current status of the game.
Why China and India Will Soon Dominate The World – Will The American Political Class Do Anything About It?
If you look at some statistics from the U.S. Census organization, the CIA Fact Book, and several other credible sources and put them together in a “what-if” analysis regarding the future economic power of Russia, China, India, and the United States, you can develop the following statistical measures:
– The current population of the United States is about 310 million people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to grow about 42% to 439 million, the current GDP of the United States is about .43 trillion dollars which yields a current GDP to current population ratio of about ,561 per person (.43 trillion divided by 310 million people).
– The current population of Russia is about 143 million people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to shrink 23% to 109 million people, the current GDP of Russia is about .24 trillion, yielding a GDP to population ratio of about 81.
– The current population of China is about 1.34 billion people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to grow about 9% to 1.46 billion people, the current GDP of China is about .8 billion, yielding a GDP to population ratio of about ,595.
– The current population of India is about 1.2 billion people, the 2050 estimated population is expected to grow about 53% to 1.81 billion people, the current GDP of India is about .1 trillion, yielding a GDP to population ratio of about 5.
Not unexpected, the United States is the richest country in the world as measured by gross GDP and GDP per citizen. However, the growth of the United States economy is pretty steady and conservative vs. countries like China and India. Let’s play some games with these base numbers:
– Let’s assume, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, that China continues to grow very quickly over the next forty years. If the Chinese are able to get their GDP to population ratio up to half of what the current U.S. ratio is, then the total size of the Chinese economy as measured by GDP (in today’s dollars) would be over trillion, almost two and half times the size of the U.S. economy.
– Let’s do the same thing with India but assume that the ratio is so low that they can only get their ratio up to one quarter of what the current U.S. ratio is, then the total size of the Indian economy as measured by GDP (in today’s dollars) would be over trillion, 50% larger than the size of the U.S. economy.
– We will not do the same analysis for Russia since given how fast its population base is shrinking, its economic impact in the world economy will be less and less over time.
Thus, the upside for both the Chinese and Indian markets are very high based on the sheer number of citizens in each country and their governments’ desire to aggressively grow their economies. Before we know it, both economies could be approaching and/or surpassing the size and power of the United States economy.
If you do not believe these calculations, consider a recent article from the Financial Times that was summarized in the July 30, 2010 issue of The Week magazine. According to the Financial Times, China is now the biggest consumer of energy, passing the United States last year as reported by the International Energy Agency. As late as the year 2000, the United States used twice the energy that China used. Now, China is using at least 4% more than us.
Another source. In a recent feature section in Fortune magazine, Goldman Sach’s was quoted as estimating that by the year 2050, the size of the Chinese economy will be about billion while the size of the U.S. economy will be only about billion and just barely ahead of the Indian economy. By 2050, Brazil, Russia, India, and China will exceed the greenhouse emissions of the rest of the developed world.
All of these numbers point to the same conclusion: namely that China and India will become much, much stronger in the coming years and much more competitive, both for raw materials, finished products, and markets to sell their products. The United States needs to take some long term strategic actions in light of the coming tsunami of stronger economic rivals:
– We cannot hope to compete in the future economic landscape if we do not find a way to better educate our children for this new reality. The United States consistently ranks in the bottom half of worldwide student testing and education. This will not make for a strong economy if our workforce is outsmarted by other countries that also have the advantage of numbers on their side.
– We cannot hamstring our own economy with Obama’s cap and trade policy while the rest of the world, including the bigger and bigger energy users of China and India do not agree to stringent and trackable carbon emissions programs. If the United States goes it alone in this area, our economy will suffer at the hands of these economies that do not, resulting in lost jobs, lost industries, and lost economic strength since any carbon savings we incur will be overwhelmed by these new economic powers.
– We cannot continue to police the world, draining our economy through our military budget. Better to focus on getting our own economic house in order rather than deploying troops around the world to protect against enemies that do not exist anymore, enemies that cannot do any direct harm to us, or enemies that are better handled by other countries or the United Nations. We need to bring home our 54,000 or so troops from Germany since the Iron Curtain no longer exists, we need to bring home the 90,000 or so troops from Iraq as Obama the campaigner promised to do, we need to bring home our 50,000 or so troops from Japan since Japan is not going to hit Pearl harbor again and 50,000 troops are useless in the face of 2,000,000 Chinese troops in the neighborhood, and we need to bring home our 28,000 or so troops from South Korea and let them handle their own security, their economy is strong enough to handle it. Our focus on defense needs to be much more narrow and much more focused on those that could actually harm us and we need to bank the savings and strengthen those areas that will enable is to better compete economically.
– We need to finally develop and deploy a sane national energy program that makes us as self sufficient as possible, given that the hungrier economies of India and China will start to compete with us for raw energy sources. The less we spend on energy, as with defense, the better and stronger our economy will be against the onslaught of the growing economic powers in the world.
– We need to start getting our national debt and government spending problem under control now. The more capital and investment dollars that can be funneled into American businesses, the better off we can compete with China and India and the rest of the world. If all of our available capital is going to the government, where it is used on wasteful, inefficient government programs or used to pay the interest our national debt, the less flexible and competitive American businesses will be and less economic health our citizens will enjoy.
Bottom line, what is needed is a long term strategic plan for dealing with the new world order in the areas of national defense and economic strength. Do we think that the American political class is ready for such a comprehensive analytical and strategic task? Consider what our politicians have been working on over the past year or so:
– A Congresswoman and her staff worked on legislation that would regulate the sound volume of television commercials. – A Congressman and his staff worked on legislation that would ban the airing of ED commercials on television. – A Congressman and his staff worked on legislation that would provide a tax break for pet owners who might have to give up their pets in these hard economic times. – The entire U.S. Congress and the entire Federal financial regulatory network was completely blind sided by the biggest economic malaise since the Great Depression, not realizing what was coming until it hit them in the face. – Politicians in both houses of Congress worked on a bill to regulate how Division One college football teams decide a national championship. – The current New Mexico governor is working on whether or not to pardon Billy The Kid, who died over a hundred years ago. – A Georgia Congressman, at a Congressional hearing, worried in public on whether the island of Guam could tip over in the ocean. – At least two sitting Congress people are likely to shortly face ethics charges and potential trials in the House Of Representatives for numerous financial and ethics offenses. – Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, has publicly stated the insane concept that unemployment is the best way to create jobs.
As you can see, we have not elected the most forward thinking, strategic brains in the country. They are so entwined in the daily political infighting and just absolutely trivial matters that time is slipping away while other countries are quickly growing their economies to compete with us, our companies and our citizens.
If long term, strategic thinkers were running this country, they would not be working on the above trivial matters but instead would be focused on the following:
Step 1 – start reducing the size of the Federal government by 10% a year for five years to get our national debt and spending under control and to leave more capital in the private market for investment against other economies.
Step 2 – find a way to finally make us more energy self sufficient and to bring other nations into a world wide, trackable process that reduces carbon emissions equally, not allowing any economy to gain an economic edge at the expense of others and the environment.
Step 3 – develop a ground up approach to overhaul, improve, and revolutionize American public education processes to prepare our kids for competition in the new economic world order.
Step 4 – bring home most, if not all, of our foreign deployed forces to begin the downsizing of our military budget in order to get our national debt under control and to provide capital to grow our private sector of the U.S. economy.
Step 5 – end the Cuban embargo immediately. After fifty years, most sane people would conclude it has not worked and ending the embargo would open up a new market for American businesses just ninety miles from our shores.
Step 6 – the most important step, institute term limit for all politicians. Given that none of these needed strategic steps have happened to make us better able to compete in the new economic reality and that most of the sitting politicians have been sitting in the same seats for decades while nothing happened, we cannot assume that all of a sudden they will do the right thing. We need to continually refresh those serving in Congress and the government with new people that are more fully aware of what is going on in the world and are not tied to old ways of thinking and spending.
We can succeed, we just need some visionary thinker and leaders to make it happen. India has its own problems, a large part of its population is still dirt poor, possibly providing social unrest problems unless they somehow can bring more people into their economic growth. The Chinese population will age quickly, as a result of their one child per family policy, putting strain on their economy in the coming years. All is not lost. In fact, if executed right, a long term strategic plan, as proposed above, could make the United States even stronger since new markets would open up in these growth economies. I guess the political class will get to this strategic plan as soon as the fix that pesky college football playoff system.
Our new book, “Love My Country, Loathe My Government – Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom and Destroying The American Political Class” is now available at www.loatheymygovernment.com and online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Our daily dialog on freedom in America can be joined at www.loathemygovernment.blogspot.com.
Complete video at: fora.tv Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright discusses difficulties faced by women in positions of political power. This excerpt is taken from a roundtable discussion entitled “Women and American Politics,” and was recorded at the 2007 Aspen Ideas Festival. —– Women and American Politics: A Roundtable with discussants: Rep. Jane Harman, John Dickerson, Sec. Margaret Spellings, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Sec. Madeleine Albright. and moderated by Andrea Mitchell. In this, its third year, Aspen Ideas Festival once again gathers scientists, artists, politicians, historians, educators, activists, and other great thinkers around some of the most important and fascinating ideas of our time. As these thinkers present their provocative ideas, they engage a sophisticated and highly motivated audience. Madeleine Korbel Albright (born May 15, 1937) served as the 64th United States Secretary of State. She currently serves as the Mortara Distinguished Professor of Diplomacy at the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. Madeleine Albright was nominated by President Bill Clinton on December 5, 1996, as Secretary of State. After being unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate, she was sworn in as the 64th Secretary of State on January 23, 1997. Albright was the first female Secretary of State. Video Rating: 4 / 5
What Everybody Must Understand About United States Government Grants
There are some significant points that you must well know if you are making applications for American government grants. You must learn through them before you make that application:
1. There is actually a mind-boggling amount kept aside by other federal organizations that give US government grants. The total expected sum comes to about 0 billion dollars. Most of this money actually finds its manner to the accounts of people who want to start their own businesses with a national grant.
2. The federation is a single organization no doubt, but for the intention of providing government grants in the United States, there are about a thousand organizations that come forward. If you make an application on grants.gov, you have a chance of getting picked up by some one of these thousand grant providing organizations.
3. The United States government permits are not loans. That means, there is no contract to spend them back. But, the eligibility criteria are much stricter due to this very reason. The proposals made for securing the grants are scrutinized very thoroughly and only a very small number of these people really get the grants.
4. The paperwork complex in permit applications is significantly lesser too. There will no checks in the credit histories, but there will be definitely a need of the tax documents. If you haven’t been paying the right amount of tax, then your allow application will certainly be rejected.
5. At the same time, it must be understood that US government grants are not monies that are given out free to people. The definition of a permit is that it is finance given to person or organizations provided that they achieve certain obligations. In very cases, the obligations are improvement of society at a considerable. With business grants, this is possible if the business makes an effort to perfect the goals it stated before and thus aid the US economy. That is the cause why government officials will be keeping tabs on how the matter is functioning. There will be regular reports to be submitted and inspections by the authorities on the functioning of the matter.
6. Finally, one must remember that the United States Government Grants are not meant only for businesses. There are a huge number of personal grants given out too. Students are given grants for education, people with disabilities are given grants, senior citizen grants help older people to conduct their daily lives, and people are also given grants to manage down payments on their homes and to renovate their houses if they cannot meet the expenses. Howsoever, the proposals for obtaining these grants want to be very great.